How is the process from the request to the appointment?
- Before you send us a request, first read our FAQ’s. The questionnaire will provide you probably all answers to your questions.
- On the basis of the questionnaire, fill out the contact form and send us your inquiry. Choose a convenient time for the appointment and use the roulette, ruler, etc. for dimensions, because your measure of 15cm may not match the actual 10 cm. The bigger or smaller amount of centimeter can create a significant difference in time planning.
- Within 14 days we will send you an in-depth answer to your request, where we will let you know if your intent is to be implemented according to your preferences, and the time we are able to offer an appointment for.
- You will then contact us by phone to agree on the time of the appointment. Before coming, within 5 days please transfer the deposit, which is between 50 and 200 USD, depending on the artist, to our PayPal account, indicating the purpose we sent you in the e-mail.
- Your tattoo artist will prepare a design in advance or will work with you on the design at your appointment before tattooing. We always plan enough time, if necessary, the artist will edit the design for you, unless we hear you saying: ‘It’s beautiful, it’s exactly what I have imagined!’, and this phrase actually is very frequent to hear.
Which artist is the right one for me?
Each of our tattoo artists have appropriate stylistic preferences and a certain style. Please get thoroughly acquainted with the artists work before giving us a request. Although the works of the artists may look very similar at first glance, in fact, each one is very different from another. It is very important that the artist, working with your chosen pattern would feel pleasure and accordingly developed a motive. It is only possible if you get fully acquainted with our artists style preferences.
Under Bookings, you can find all the artists who are taking bookings at the moment.
What about sports, holidays, sun exposure and swimming shortly after having my tattoo done?
As you probably already guessed, it is not advisable after tattooing to do sports, sunbath or swimming. Natural tattooed skin healing process usually takes 7 – 28 days. Even in the case where the visual look of the tattoo looks healed, the natural protective skin barrier recovery period continues for another 3-4 weeks. For this reason, we do not allow to do any kind of sports for 7 – 14 days and have no direct contact with the sun, sauna or bathing for another 3 – 4 weeks.
How much will my tattoo cost?
In order to calculate the exact price we would also like to get more accurate information about your desired tattoo. Therefore, please take enough time for a detailed request when filling in the form. The more information and visual material you provide us with, the faster we can offer you a suitable date for your appointment. It is worth it!
Do you do cover ups?
Of course, we would carry out the job according to your wishes. However, as we work with very fine lines, unfortunately, we cannot fully cover an existing tattoo. When working with certain styles, e.g. old school, we have no problem adjusting even dark tattoos, because we can redirect/highlight the existing contours with different colors and color schemes. For such adjustments in most cases, you need to use more colors.
What is the minimum age to get a tattoo?
We can only tattoo people that are at least 18 years old. Even if you have a parental consent, unfortunately, we will not be able to tattoo you.
Is it possible to tattoo on top of scars?
Generally, any tattoo can scar damaged skin. What matters is that the scar has been healed. This means that the skin in the area would no longer be reddened. In case of strong burn scars it would be really meaningful to check whether there is a possibility to tattoo on such an area.
Would you tattoo my fingers?
Tattoos on fingers can only be done under certain conditions. It is important to know that the tattooed finger will never look so delicate, refined as, e.g. on the wrist. A new tattoo will look good, but after some time when healed – no longer so. If you still wish to get such a tattoo, then we would need to focus that some visible area of your body has already been covered with a tattoo, or at least your profession would allow to have such type of a tattoo.
If you want to have a refined, subtle tattoo, we can offer much better choices over other areas of the body, e.g. on the wrist.
Do you do white tattoos?
White tattoos nowadays are popular only with very few people. In principle, we avoid completely white tattoos, because they turn yellowish with time. It is due to the fact that the human skin in not transparent and is more of yellowish color, and, as the tattoo is drawn on the skin, rather than under it, the tattoo will look slightly yellowish. It will be not so nice.
Can I bring friends and family with me?
For sure, it is always nice to have someone in such an exciting situation to advise you. But remember that we have only a small waiting area and therefore only one to a maximum of two people can come along. During the design process and the placement of the stencil, your companion can be there with pleasure, during the tattooing process he / she has to take seat in the waiting area for hygienic reasons and disturbance of the concentration of our artists.
Under which circumstances can I not get tattooed?
To ensure a good healing, we can only tattoo you under the perfect circumstances.
You can not be tattooed if you have planned a beach vacation 3 weeks after your appointment. Direct sun and swimming worsen the healing process. In addition, you can’t take any antibiotics at the time of tattooing or 3 – 5 days before. In addition, we can not tattoo you, if you take cortisone. If you have atopic dermatitis at the body part you want to be tattooed, it is not tattooable. New moms should have weaned.
How do I prepare for my appointment?
Recommendations before an appointment
- Eat a solid meal at least 3 hours in advance
- Get a solid night’s sleep
- Do not sunbathe (dry or burnt/peeling skin can seriously interfere with the tattooing process)
- Moisturize your skin
- Do not take blood thinners
- Do not consume alcohol/drugs
- Do not exceed a high-dose of caffeine (one cup of coffee)
You cannot be tattooed if
- You are currently taking antibiotics or cortisone
- You are pregnant or have been recently
- You’ve received a vaccination in the past 48 hours
- You will be going on a vacation that involves prolonged exposure to direct sunlight/water
- You have atopic dermatitis at the location of the tattoo
What are aftercare instructions?
After your tattoo appointment, the tattoo artist will inform you orally about your new tattoo and about how to take care of it. The healing phase proceeds differently depending on care, skin type and body part.
For the best possible healing, the following points must be observed:
- after tattooing no intensive activities can be performed
- remove the foil after three hours if you have second skin ( self sticky ) on your fresh tattoo you can leave it on your skin for 24 to 72 hours
- clean the tattoo with clear water and pH-neutral soap
- water a clean washcloth with hot water and press it on the fresh tattoo for about 20 seconds, let the wound dry or dab dry carefully after
- then thinly apply a tattoo ointment e.g. Pegasus Tattoo Ointment or Hustle Butter – we offer you both for 3,- Euro in our local shops
- for the first seven days take only very quick showers and do not scrub it!
- thinly apply a healing ointment to your tattoo and massage it in 3 times a day for the first week in order to protect your skin from drying out
- during the second and third week, apply a healing ointment 1 – 2 times a day
- no sports for at least one week
During the healing phase it should be generally observed:
- do not stretch a tattooed place excessively, caution in sports and other physical activities
- avoid extensive showers and bathing / swimming during the first three weeks
- avoid contact with dirt and oil
- itching is part of the healing, do not scratch! It might otherwise be uprooted color pigments
- avoid solarium and direct sunlight for four to six weeks
- use only a sunblock 30+ on the tattooed place for three months, not during the 3 week healing process!
- little stress and physical stress, plenty of sleep and a healthy diet support the wound healing forces of the body
In the first few days may occur swelling and bruises. These are injury-related retention and there is no need to worry.
After about three to six weeks you come to the studio for a visual inspection of the tattoo and here it is then decided whether a retouch is necessary. If you are from another city you can send us some good pictures of your healed tattoo to firstname.lastname@example.org The retouch must be proceeded within the next six months.
What can happens if I fail to comply with the instructions for after care?
One who follows tattoo aftercare instructions poorly, sooner or later will not be happy about it. For some, the color of the tattoo when healing will partially fade. It is possible for it to fade to the extent that some areas of the skin may even be damaged. Very subtle lines can become wider or blown out. For others – the entire tattoo can fade away prematurely. After all, we do not want that, right?
If you strictly follow the instructions of the tattoo artist, your tattoo will heal quickly and cleanly. The after care completely affects the final result of your tattoo.
Please don’t forget that your tattoo artist has invested a lot of effort and time in order to provide you the best possible result. So always hold your unique artwork with honor.